If you are planning to indulge yourself in taking pictures using a state of the art camera, then you must know the digital photography basics. This is necessary not only for you to produce superb photos but also to handle and take care of your gadget on the first place. Without knowledge on digital photography basics, you can never enjoy and maximise the potential of your camera. This is also important if you are planning a future career in photojournalism or to use the skills as a way to earn money for example. Needless to say, the ones who took pictures printed on those fashion magazines all started as novices.
Digital photography has several advantages over traditional films. With it, you can instantly see the pictures you have taken without first having them developed. You can scan over the taken pictures and choose only those that are great to look at. Digital photography basics will teach you further how to make those pictures balanced and at the same time appropriate for you purpose. You can learn them through different methods like following online tutorials or reading manuals and books with the same topic. Digital photography basics can also be learned by having formal lessons in digital schools.
One of the most common disadvantages of digital cameras is that there is usually a lag the moment you press the shutter release button and the time it actually preserve the action. Thus, there are certain digital photography basics that you have to know in order to be successful in your taking of pictures. Bear in mind that photos may form a part of your history and can bring so many memories. Thus, you wouldn't want to waste any of the precious photos you can take.
Here are the digital photography basics which are often taught to beginners.
- To minimize problems on blurred and moving photos, always set the focus ahead of time. Make your hold of the camera steady and undaunted. A tripod often makes this endeavour easy. When using auto focus however, you need to wait for a few seconds because half of the time after pressing the shutter release is allotted for focusing.
- Another important tip in digital photography basics is that instead of using auto settings, do it manually. This is true especially when you are taking pictures outdoors. This is because the camera will often take time calculating the needed settings to be set when exposed outside a different environment.
- A common digital photography basics would include the caution of using a flash. Use it when absolutely necessary only because the application of the flash will also add to the lag. Unless you are using the highly expensive camera available today.
- Included in the digital photography basics is the conservation of battery. To save battery, use the viewfinder instead of reviewing the pictures in the LCD. This will save you more time scanning the pictures too.
- When transferring the photos to the computer, it would be better to minimize their resolution. This prevents lag, saves memory and most of all, makes uploading faster.
After familiarizing these digital photography basics, one can proceed to more complex and complicated techniques in handling a digital camera.